Join our Acting for Film class at FilmForge – a Nu Boyana Center for Vocational Training!
Learn how to be yourself in front of the camera. Improve your ability to play monologues and dialogues, get noticed on a casting and more! Your mentor will be Velizar Binev – the Bulgarian actor with the largest number of Hollywood and international movies in his portfolio.
Highlights of the program:
Learn to analyze a scene
Make a psychological analysis of a monologue/scene, selected especially for you in Bulgarian and English language;
Train to act in front of the camera
Develop a practical film interpretation of a monologue/scene in front of the camera and the mentor will analyze your performance;
Present the scene in front of an audience
You will present the monologue/scene in Bulgarian and English in front of a live audience;
Follow your progress
You will follow your progress during regular discussions about your achievements;
Spend individual time with the teacher
Students will work in small groups having a chance for individual talks with their teacher;
Learn the best examples
You’ll know more about the history of cinema and learn the greatest achievements in the world of cinema;
Learn how to get a role
You’ll get hints on how to approach a casting and test your performance;
What will you get during the class?
- You’ll get 165 academic hours of learning and training in 14 weeks, as your average attendance at FilmForge will be 12 academic hours weekly. In more than a half of this time you will practice. You come, you listen, you act!
- After successfully passed state exams at the end of the course, you’ll get a Certificate for acquired professional qualification, module: “Acting for Film” issued by the government and FilmForge – as the latter is a licensed Center for Vocational Training by the National Agency for Vocational Education and Training at the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria.
- Skills to act in front of the camera;
- Profile on Nu Boyana Casting database and a photo session for your portfolio;
- The chance to attend castings for films to be made in Nu Boyana Film Studios;
- You’ll learn and practice in the inspirational film environment of Nu Boyana Film Studios – one of the best film studios in the world.
You need to be at the age of 16+, love cinema and be ready to study and work with devotion.
Fluent English is an advantage;
The course starts on March 13, 2017 and continues until June 23, 2017;
The classes will be held from Monday to Friday, 12 hours weekly;
Contact us for information about the class fee and further details;
Apply by sending us a Resume and a self-taped monologue (5min) to: email@example.com
Meet your mentor
Velizar Binev graduated from the Bulgarian National Academy for Theatre and Film Arts in 1991. He started his career working as an in-house theatre actor. Several years later he joined the cast of “Bridge of Dragons” (1999) – one of the first American movies filmed in Bulgaria. Since then, Velizar Binev has taken part in more than 80 Hollywood productions. The list of famous actors he’s worked with is lengthy – Harvey Keitel, Wesley Snipes, Kate Beckinsale, John Cusack, Gabriel Byrne, Juliette Binoche, Antonio Banderas, Michael Caine, Ben Kingsley, Mel Gibson and many others.
Seven years ago Velizar Binev had to prepare a friend for acting exams. In the process the mentor-to-be realised that teaching is a great way to share his rich acting experience and knowledge. Today Binev’s students successfully perform in theatres around the country and often take part in Bulgarian and international movie productions.